Please ensure that entries are submitted in the correct format to the competitions secretary at: [email protected] before the competition deadline.
“Open” Competition on 9th October 2018
No set subject. Up to two Prints and two PDIs to be entered by the entry deadline on 4th October. Our judge for this competition is Micki Aston MCIoJ CPAGB http://astonimages.com/
“Open” Competition on 30th October 2018
No set subject. Up to two Prints and two PDIs to be entered by the entry deadline on 25th October. Our judge for this competition is Martin Patten LRPS https://www.moments4ever.co.uk/ http://www.cameradays.co.uk/
“On The Streets” Competition on 20th November 2018
Themed competition: “On The Streets” Street Photography showing humans in an urban environment. Up to two Prints and two PDIs to be entered by the entry deadline on 15th November. Our judge for this competition is Amanda Wright
“Open” Competition on 11th December 2018
No set subject. Up to two Prints and two PDIs to be entered by the entry deadline on 6th December. Our judge for this competition is Rojer Weightman. https://twitter.com/sciroccophoto?lang=en
Chair’s Challenge on 22nd January 2019
The title of the subject is a SNAPS Challenge and consists of one entry in each of the following groups. Street, Night, Abstract, Portrait and Scenic. Deadline for entry is 17th January. The judge will be set by Eric Meek, this season’s Chairman.
Cups Competitions on 5th February
Three competitions for Prints only: Teuchter Cup for best Colour Print. Jubilee Trophy for best Mono Print. Anne Walker award for best Macro Print. One print in each cup competition. Entries to be submitted by deadline on 31st January. Our judge for this evening is Chris Palmer FRPS EFIAP DPAGB APAGB.
“Shape” Competition on 19th February
Themed competition on the subject of “Shape”. Up to two Prints and two PDIs to be entered by the entry deadline on 14th February. Our judge for this competition is Kathy Chantler LRPS
Portfolio Competition on 5th March
Enter One print set and/or one PDI set. A set is three complementary images that hang together as a portfolio. Marks are awarded for each image and a fourth mark is awarded to how well the images work together as a portfolio. Entries to be received by the deadline on 28th February. Our judge for this competition is Michael Lurie.
Campbell Cup for The Natural World on 19th March
Enter up to two prints and two PDIs by the deadline on 14th March. Our judge for this evening is Julia Cleaver ARPS. http://www.juliacleaver.com/
Annual PDI Competition for the Byte Trophy on 9th April
Enter your best three PDIs from this season by the deadline on 4th April. Our judge for this competition is Jeff Lawrence LRPS CPAGB
Annual Print Competition for the Joe Green Trophy on 30th April
Enter your best three Prints from this season by the deadline on 25th April. Our judge for this evening is Mark Buckley-Sharp ARPS CPAGB APAGB. http://users.tinyworld.co.uk/mark.buckley-sharp/home/home.htm
- The title of your print and a .JPG file must be submitted to the competition secretary before the competition deadline.
- You must bring the print along on the evening of the competition and collect it afterwards.
- Prints must be appropriately mounted for display on a stiff material.
- There must be no glass or plastic covering the image.
- Maximum overall size (including mount) is 500mm x 400mm for Landscape or 400mm x 500mm for Portrait
- Minimum overall size is 175 mm x 125 mm
- The rear of the print must be marked with your name, your level (Novice, Intermediate, Advanced) and the Title of the print.
- Digital images must be emailed to the competition secretary before the competition deadline.
- They must be in JPG format with a .JPG file name extension.
- For proper colour reproduction they should be saved in sRGB colour format.
- The size should not exceed 1400px in the horizontal and 1050px in the vertical.
- Maximum filesize is 4M.
- Filenames should contain the Title and Author in the following format:
A NICE SUNSET by Fred Bloggs.JPG